Welcome to the web site for…
photos and images of canal scenes, narrowboats, users and events plus a blog.
Hi! I’m Geoff Caine,
Firstly, I need to say that this is a non-commercial website so there’s nothing for sale and no spam. I created and maintain this site as a hobby to share with others.
I’m a canal enthusiast and advocate of the slow life. I live in central Birmingham overlooking the BCN. So, I have a lot of contact with boaters and other enthusiasts. When the sunshines I get out and about on the towpaths with my camera – nothing betters the relaxed atmosphere there and meeting friendly people with canalmania.
The site is updated regularly. So, if you like it why not subscribe to automatic email? You’ll be notified of the Latest Additions (see below). Your email address will not be given to others nor will any spam be sent. You can cancel any time.
I hope to meet you on the cut some time - I usually carry large a camera on the end of a monopod stick. I’d love to hear tales of your cruising. If you like you and/or your boat could feature in the Met on the Cut articles – it’s just a bit of fun and great to tell your friends to view.
You can Contact Me by email.
For an explanation of the website Click here.
Latest Additions click below:
- Stratford-upon-Avon Canal – Hockley Heath to Lapworth Junction
- Hatton Locks – on the second pleasant weather day of the year!
- Cycle Chain Found At Cambrian Wharf
- Sainsbury’s Take U-turn to Exclude Lapal Canal Link at Selly Oak, Birmingham
- Lapworth Locks and Chance Meetings
- Stratford-upon-Avon Canal – Kings Norton to Earlswood and Lapworth Junction to Preston Bagot
- Shroppie Canal – Bunbury to Audlem and Middlewich Branch
- Chester Canal around the City of Chester
- Snow Met on the Cut in Birmingham
- NIA Transformation at Brindley Place, Birmingham